US Plastic Recycling
To determine if there are any natural impact modifiers on the market, and if so, who manufactures them and where are they manufactured.
Natural Impact Modifiers
- There are natural impact modifiers within the US plastic recycling market.
- Some recognized companies that are based in the US who manufacture natural impact modifiers are: Ultra-Poly, Milliken Chemical, and Addivant.
- Ultra-Poly is a recycler and compounder based in Portland, Pennsylvania, that deals primarily with polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Ultra-Poly blends in elastomeric polymers that add impact strength in a PP compound.
- Milliken Chemical in Spartanburg, South Carolina develops natural impact modifiers that can improve impact strength without negatively affecting and processability and stiffness and has created a new modifier called DeltaMax.
- Addivant, headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut, supplies a natural impact modifier that is designed for recycled acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polycarbonate (PC) to recover lost natural impact and weather-resistant properties.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.