US Scooter Market
To understand the scooter market in the US. To determine who the top 5 players are, the number of scooters they are operating, and the number of scooters in each of the largest markets in order to prepare a market analysis.
- According to NACTO (National Association of City Transportation Officials, NACTO), In 2018, 38.5 million trips were taken on shared scooters.
- This number of trips has surpassed the previous year's count: 36.5 million trips.
- Electric scooters have grown to become one of the most used shared transport systems in the US.
- As of 2018, there were about 85,000 e-scooters available for public use in the US.
The Largest Cities
- New York has not permitted the use of scooters as officials believe that it would be hazardous to the safety of the already crowded streets.
- Chicago launched a pilot program in July for the use of shared scooters. They first let 2,100 scooters into their streets.
- 10 different companies are providing 250 scooters each.
- These companies include Bird, Lime, Lyft, Jump, Spin, Sherpa, Bolt, Grüv, Wheels, and VeoRide.
- After the initial launch, there were about 11,000 trips over the weekend.
- October 15th will mark the end of this program. At this stage, an evaluation will be carried out to determine whether scooters will be allowed into the city.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.