Value of Dental Implants
To understand how dental implants can help people overcome a lost tooth, specifically focused on a demographic that is of a lower education level, people who are poorer with bad dental health, people who have neglected their oral health for decades, and/or seniors, and live in the United States. To have a final deliverable that is written in bullet point form and at a very basic level, in layman's terms.
Ultimately the research should convey, among other data points, that painful chewing and other problems do not have to be ongoing if you lose a tooth.
- Even though this study is from Australia, it does have relevant findings that broadly touches on seniors. "Successful dental treatment for the Agana population is best approached from a holistic perspective. The
influence of chronic diseases; the social, economic and
resource characteristics of the aging population; and
age-associated changes in oral tissues present management challenges that require special attention."
- The elderly population is growing rapidly and despite improvements in oral health and tooth retention the need for complex oral restorative and rehabilitation is anticipated to rise. One consequence is likely to be increased demand for dental implants based restorative treatment in older patients.
The aim of this review was to evaluate the outcome of dental implant therapy in the elderly population aged 65 years or over.
- Dental implant surgery can offer a welcome alternative to dentures or bridgework that doesn't fit well and can offer an option when a lack of natural teeth roots don't allow building denture or bridgework tooth replacements.
- An implant is usually the preferred option for replacing a single tooth. Placing an implant requires careful preparation to assess the amount of bone where the implant will be placed to make sure that there will be adequate support for the implanted tooth.
- Eight reasons why dental implants can be the best option are they don’t slide, don't move, strengthen your jawbone, approve appearance, boost confidence, are durable, can’t be lost, and they aid in bone stimulation and growth.
- 89% say it’s “Worth It”
to get dental implants.
- About 20 percent of all older adults in the United States suffer from serious edentulism or tooth loss.
- Video testimonials from people (many of them seniors) that have had dental implants. These are from Canada, but they treat people from all over the globe.
- Implant dental case study from Garland, Texas.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.