Gaming Industry Social Impact
To find out examples of social impact platforms that allow employees to to play games to drive social impact, either on their own or side-by-side with gamers.
- Employees at Microsoft raised $5,000 to supply children's hospitals with gaming karts.
- One of the fundraising events involved throwing pies at XBOX Marketing Chief Aaron Greenberg.
- Aaron Greenberg also worked with high-profile video game streamers to participate in fundraising activities to fund the maximum number of gaming karts for hospitals.
GAME Digital Plc
- In the UK, gaming company GAME Digital surveyed its employees to participate in the choosing of a charity partner which had the best association with the company.
- The partnership will involve GAME employees raising awareness and funding for the SpecialEffect charity, which supports people with physical disabilities.
- GAME will use its stores, app, events and esports initiatives to hel promote and fund SpecialEffect.
- In Canada, UBISOFT employees hosted gaming events where gamers could raise money for children's charities, which reaised $22,000.
- Other initiatives involved employing hosting a 25-hour livestream in Quebec City, playing various games online against their audience, and raising $12,000 as a result.
Electronic Arts (EA)
- In Vancouver, 150 EA employees volunteered to participate in building assistive gaming equipment to be used by gamers with disabilities, and then playing against them.
- The event was called a Buildathon, and following the building of adaptive controllers, both the employees and the gamers with disabilities used the same type of controllers to compete against each other.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.