Online Private Equity Marketplace
To identify the major companies involved with private equity market platforms, their monthly revenue and traffic, services offered by them and registration process.
- Forge provides custom liquidity solutions to private companies and their employees, and offer pre-IPO opportunities to institutions and investors.
- The company has more than 200 institutional investors on the platform with $2.6 billion recorded transaction volume since inception.
- The process starts with expressing interest in a company, then the registered representative from the platform will reach out for a chat. Complete client on-boarding/KYC steps and e-signing of all transaction documents ca be done conveniently and securely online. Thereafter, documents are verified and if approved, countersigned and then the investor is allowed to transact online. Usually, the whole process takes 1-2 weeks.
- As a baseline, Forge charges a 5% transaction fee on each side and there can be reduced fees on larger transactions, beginning at $5 million.
- Moonfare GmbH is a two-year-old Berlin-based startup that allows wealthy clients to invest in private equity funds and it has raised 25 million euros ($28 million) to fuel growth in Europe and Asia.
- Once the free Moonfare account is created, Investor Profile can be completed and send request for allocations to sign documents online. Investors can submit KYC and AML requirements in a matter of minutes and then immediately request for allocations and sign subscription documents online.
- Moonfare requires a minimum investment of 100,000 euros and charges an annual management fee of 0.5% — 0.75%.
Summary Of Early Findings
- Through our initial hour of research we have identified two upcoming companies among the private equity market platforms and their associated information. We have also identified few other companies like Republic, FNEX and Palico.
- There is limited information available publicly regarding the monthly revenue for these platforms. The likely reason for this is the information is commercially sensitive and not available publicly.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We suggest continuing research to provide all the detailed information about rest of the platforms (Republic, FNEX and Palico) and this will include their monthly revenue and traffic (if available), services offered by them and registration process.
Alternatively we could identify 4-5 recent trends in the private equity marketplace at the global level and how these trends are effecting the players. These trends would be regarding how the platforms are evolving, major challenges and investor experiences. We can include examples with each of the trends.