The data availability on this topic is adequate.
We started our research by looking at the information available in specialized reviews websites such as Sitejabber and Trustpilot.
Sitejabber Customer Reviews
Trustpilot Customer Reviews
- In Trustpilot, Blizzard Entertainment received 87% of negative reviews out of 1,138, with an average rating of 1.3/5.
- Customer service is yet again targeted by customers in their negative reviews, calling it "absolute garbage", "awful", "worst", "horrible" and "disgusting".
- The company itself has been accused of lacking respect towards its customers, not treating them with respect, and providing the worst customer service experience ever.
- Many complaints have been lodged due to the complexity of getting a refund, as well as getting banned easily.
Everything Sucks Reviews
- The main complaints have been that the company became too greedy and that the price of their games had risen excessively.
- Another complaint was that there were many server issues despite the price rise, and that there was an absence of customer services for many countries.
COMPARISON WITH COMPETITION
- Electronic Arts (EA) has also received a majority of negative reviews on TrustPilot with a score of 1.1/5 out of 2,748 reviews, 97% of them negative.
- On Sitejabber, 34 out of 79 reviews are negative for EA with an average rating of 3.06/5.
- Ubisoft was also rated negatively on TrustPilot, with around 92% of negative ratings out of 837 reviews, and an average of 1.2/5.
DROP IN SUBSCRIBERS
After one hour of research, we managed to find some information about customers' experience of Activision/Blizzard. We have found that most customers have a negative opinion of the company, and that they are losing a large number of loyal customers. This trend has been backed by data with a sharp drop in subscribers in Q1 2021, and in the last two years. However, a comparative research also found that their competitors are viewed negatively as well. Given the time constraint, and given instructions not to focus mainly on the lawsuit, we focused first on providing information about customer perceptions. However, if there is a need for additional research on lawsuits/scandals involving Activision/BLizzard, please indicate it in the proposals below.