Home Design - Customer Journey
To provide an overview of the customer journey for interior design from a review of the demographics and psychographics of customers, the market size for interior design and home furnishings, the tools used by customers for interior design, inclusive of platforms and services, the average customer spend per project, the reasons why customers undertake an interior design project, and a step by step overview of the customer journey for an interior design project from beginning to end.
Market Size — Interior Design
- MarketResearch.com estimates the market size for interior design services globally in 2020 at US 150.7 billion. CAGR over the period 2020-2027 is 7.8%. The market is projected to be valued at $255.4 billion by 2027. In 2020, the size of the market in the US is estimated at $40.7 billion.
- Herald Keepers estimated the industry market size at $150.46 billion in 2019 with a CAGR of 8.6%.
Market Size — Home Furnishings
- Reporting on research from 360 Research, MarketWatch estimates the global market size for the home furnishings market in 2020 to be $728.5 billion. This is expected to increase to $988.2 billion by 2024 with annual CAGR of 5.2%.
- The global home furnishings market has also been estimated at $808.7 billion in 2020. It is estimated to reach $1,149.97 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 5.1% during 2021-2026.
Average Total Spend
- In 2019 the median spend per household for renovations in the US was $13,000, a decrease of $2,000 for the figures for 2018 and 2017.
- The mix of services accessed in 2019 are decorating (59%), renovating (54%), repairing (49%), and home building (3%).
- The top three renovation projects were interior room remodels (70%), home system (62%) and exterior upgrades (57%).
- Projected median spend on renovations per US household for 2020 is $10,000.
- Planned spending in 2020 focuses on renovating (51%), decorating (47%), repairing (36%) and home building (3%).
- During the initial hour of research we were able to provide the global market size for interior design services and the home furnishings market for 2020, and the average, and projected, spend by US consumers on household renovations for 2019 and 2020 respectively.
- Information related to the demographic or psychographic behavior of interior design consumers is available, but on a limited basis. As such we are suggesting continued research based on consumer behavior be focused on insights into the approach of consumers to interior design from a demographic and psychographic basis.
Proprietary Research Available
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
- Interior Design — 2020 US Market Research Report (Kently Insights, $295 — single user, $495 — corporate wide).
- Global Interior Design Services Market 2019-2023 (TechNavio, $2,500).
- Research section 8 on Geographic Landscape ($2,012.50).
- Research section 8 on Geographic Landscape, North America — Market Size and Forecast ($556.88).
- Research section 8 on Geographic Landscape, Europe — Market Size and Forecast ($422.05).
- The US Home Furnishing Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2019-2023 edition) (Daedal Research. $900.00).
- Home Furnishings in Western Europe (Euromonitor International, $1325.00 — single user, $3,975.00 corporate wide).
If you would like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.