Potato Chip Consumption
The goal is to locate the per capita consumption of potato chips for the following countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, Germany, France, United States.
Our research began by checking several potato specific websites such as Potato News Today, Potato Business, Potato Pro, and others. We also conducted research across food industry sites that keep track of statistics on food production and consumption, such as The Packer and FoodDive. Additionally, we utilized both "chips" and "crisps" in our research as much of Europe refers to the tasty snack as a crisp. The following is the information garnered from our research.
- In the UK, 93% of the population regularly consume potato chips, and 63% admit to eating them daily.
- Statista reports that in 2019, 35.22 million Americans ate an average of 16 or more bags of chips.
- Another report cites that 86% of the people in both the United States and France eat potato chips/crisps. This figure makes them the two largest consumers. Great Britain is close on their heels at 84%. China isn't the biggest fan of potato chips, with just 28% of the country eating the snack.
- A 2016 report cited America as the largest chip purchaser and broke down the sales in dollars per world region.
- We could not access a 2017 industry report on the global industry analysis of potato chips as the website requires a $90/year membership fee.
- During the course of our research, we were able to uncover the following data from a 2012 report.
- Potato crisps/potato chips consumption by the population per country:
- USA: 86%
- France: 86%
- GB: 84%
- Egypt: 72%
- Brazil: 51%
- South Africa: 43%
- China: 28%
Market In Eastern Europe is Growing
Numerous market reports were located. We have included a few below.
- Global Potato Chips Market 2020 Top countries data: Industry Overview by Size, Share, Future Growth, Development, Revenue, Top Key Players Analysis and Growth Factors. This report focuses on the global market, with a special focus on the United States, Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, North America, and India.
- Global "Potato Chips Market 2020" Covid - 19 Impact on Top countries data Industry Price Trend, Size Estimation, Industry Outlook, Business Growth, Report Latest Research, Business Analysis and Forecast Analysis Research. This market report is published by 360 Market, the same agency that produced the previous market report.
- Global Potato Chips Market to Exhibit Stable Growth During 2020-2025, Fostered by the Introduction of Fortified Variants. This report is published by Imarc Group and includes a summary of the market along with market trends.
While conducting our research, it became painfully obvious that the most recent data is not available for public consumption at this time. Therefore, we included the older 2012 data to at least provide some baseline for proceeding forward. It is unlikely that even with additional research, the requested information of per capita consumption for the requested regions would be found.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.