Commercial Vehicle Segments
To obtain the total available market (TAM) for light, medium, and heacy duty freight vehicles; buses; yard and dryage trucks; and loaders, towers, belts and container trucks for 2018, 2025, and 2030, in order to better understand the freight market sizes.
- Light duty freight trucks are grouped into classes 1, 2, and 3 based on gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR). Trucks classified as light have a GVWR between 0 and 14,000 pounds.
- Medium duty freight trucks are grouped into classes 4, 5, and 6, and include trucks with a GVWR between 14,001 and 26,000 pounds.
- Heavy duty freight trucks are grouped into classes 7 and 8, and include trucks with a GVWR of 26,001 or more.
- 74% of commercial trucks globally are light duty, 13% are medium duty, and 13% are heavy-duty.
- The North American market size of the bus industry was estimated at $8.4 million in a December 2019 report published by Research and Markets.
Potentially Helpful Paywalled Reports
- Grand View Research published a report on the commercial trucks market size that seems likely to provide data relevant to this request. Unfortunately, the summary did not provide any data related to market size, and the main report is behind a paywall.
- MarketResearch.com published a report on 2020 U.S. Heavy Duty Truck Manufacturing that was also behind a paywall.
Summary of Initial Research
- Although we were not able to get to all segments of interest in the initial hour of research, the research that was completed indicates that much of the requested data is likely to be behind paywalls.
- It is possible that data on the volume of vehicles in each segment may be more readily available, as we were able to get a breakdown of commercial trucks globally by percentage.
- The market size for buses was found in the initial hour of research.
- The initial hour of research did not allow enough time to conduct any research on yard and dryage trucks; and loaders, towers, belts and container trucks.
Proprietary Research Available
- Medium & Heavy Trucks North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide 2014-2023 (Marketline, $695)
- Table 1 NAFTA countries medium & heavy trucks industry, revenue ($bn), 2014-23 ($57.50)
If you'd like us to purchase either of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.