Fastest COVID-19 Tests in NYC
To determine currently available COVID-19 tests in New York City with the fastest turn-around results. To provide direct statements from test-provider facilities and test users as well as news reports/press releases from test providers or government agencies.
- Statcare Urgent & Walk-In Medical Care offers a point-of-care rapid COVID-19 test that returns results in 15 minutes.
- The service is available in all Statcare urgent care locations in New York City.
- Statcare is available in 1) Hicksville, New York, 2) Astoria Queens, 3) The Bronx (174th St.), 4) The Bronx (Bartow), 5) Brooklyn, 6) Jackson Heights, and 7) Midtown Manhattan.
- All locations are open 7 days a week with shorter hours on weekends.
- Statcare can be reached at (917) 905-4819.
- Reviews are available here with the most recent posted on August 13, 2020 at 6:51 PM.
- Tasnia posted this review on August 11, 2020, 12 PM: "I got a rapid COVID test done, and thank you for being so quick. It was super easy to get an appointment which I appreciated."
NYC Rapid Testing
- Fox5 reported on July 14 that New York City launched a $10 million city initiative to provide rapid testing to hard-hit communities.
- The community pop-up testing sites returns results in about 15 minutes.
- Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. (who was also tested) said, "It's free, it's fast and it's the best thing for us to stay healthy and safe."
- The article reported that "The city plans to open more pop-up sites in hard-hit areas of the five boroughs in the coming weeks."
- Residents can call 311 or text COVID TEST to 855-48 to check if a testing site is available nearby.
- Residents can also visit NYC.gov/COVIDTEST for more information.
NYC.gov Mobile Testing Schedule
- The New York City government provides COVID-19 testing in all 5 boroughs of the city.
- The NYC COVID-19 test is free and returns results in about 3-5 days.
- No insurance is needed and test results are kept confidential.
- The local government maintains hundreds of testing sites across New York City as well as mobile testing units.
- For the week of August 10 to 14, mobile units are available Monday to Friday, 10AM to 4PM (availability subject to inclement weather).
- Mobile units will be available at 1) Edenwald Community Center at the Bronx, 2) Throggs Neck Senior Center at the Bronx, 3) Kings Church of Christ (Brownville) in Brooklyn, 4) Sunset Park in Brooklyn, 5) Islamic Cultural Center in New York, 6) Jefferson Houses in New York, 7) Queens Public Library at Flushing, 8) Seventh Day Adventist Community Service Complex in Queens, and 9) South Beach at Staten Island.
- Full addresses and contact numbers of each mobile testing site can be found here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.