Gut Health Trends
To understand how trends in gut health have performed over the past 6 months.
- A Forbes article from July 2020 calls gut health the "next big wellness trend". It interviews the founder of a product startup that aims to break into this industry.
- In the interview, the founder specifically points to widening the scope of marketing gut health, choosing to make their product more accessible and less confusing/scientific. This includes using condition-specific naming conventions on the product labeling instead of something else like ingredients-focused.
- Additionally, COVID-19 is predicted to increase consumers' interest in long-lasting immune health, of which they are realizing gut health is a component of.
- One expert cited that in the past five years, internet searches for gut health have increased 669%.
- Additionally, interest in previously lesser-known sources of digestive health nutrients like juices, bars and hot beverages have also grown in popularity.
- Kerry Group has identified an opportunity in growing consumer interest in digestive health and the potential it brings to the food service industry. OOH can easily adapt to this trend.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.