Skincare Industry Acquisitions
Provide 3-4 examples of recent acquisitions in the skincare industry, including company details of valuation before acquisition, time established before purchase, and revenue data.
Acquisition of Tatcha by Unilever
- Tatcha is a Japanese skincare brand that uses anti-aging ingredients in its products.
- Tatcha was founded in 2009 and was in operation for about 10 years before acquisition by Unilever.
- While official values of the acquisition were not made public, estimates reach $500 million for the purchase. Other sources verify this $500 million acquisition value.
- Tatcha reported sales of approximately $70 million in 2018 before the acquisition in July of 2019.
- Tatcha's funding round in 2017 generated $15 million.
- This acquisition was part of numerous beauty and skincare company purchases by Unilever that have reached $2.26 billion in acquisition costs.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.