Online order fulfillment: Customer Perceptions
To identify the customer perceptions of receiving an online order for each of these brands: Puma
Under Armour, Reebok, Adidas, Nike, and Fila. The areas of focus include: 1) how the box arrives /quality, condition, speed
, 2) does it match their expectation of the product and from the brand that they ordered (messaging, price quality)
, 3) from a sustainability point of view what is their reaction to the packaging itself.
- The Puma website (all regions) has a customer rating of 2 out of 5 stars from 198 reviews on Trust Pilot, which is an overall "poor" rating. A breakdown of the main issues observed from the first 20 reviews on Trust Pilot are as follows:
- Late order/did not receive order: 7
- Poor customer service: 10
- Poor product quality/wrong product received: 4
- In addition, the Puma.com website has 1 out of 10 stars from 66 reviews on Reseller ratings with customer service issues and late/no delivery issues being the most common, and 2.5 out of 5 stars from 50 reviews on Site Jabber with shipping, returns, and service being the lowest rated.
- However, there are websites with overall favorable ratings for Puma (though not restricted to online customers) such as Influenster with 4.6 out of 5 stars from 1919 ratings with frequent positive comments on comfort and quality.
- It was noted that there was a clear difference in the ratings of the Puma brand in general and the Puma.com website as observed by the customer reviews website Mouthshut. While the brand was rated received faborably by 83% out of 2588 customers with durability, comfort, shoe weight, and range rated equally high, only 67% out of 1141 customers of Puma.com were in favor with customer service, reliability, and the app/website being rated lower than delivery and product quality.
- A blog post from Superside had recently featured the Puma’s Clever Little Bag among its "20+ of Our Favorite Package Designs" compilation. The review states that Puma has gotten rid of useless tissue, extra plastic and has minimized the materials that go into their packaging and has created an attractive shoe box. It further states that the box "features a handle to make it carryable and showcase both Puma’s branding as well as explaining the story behind this clever package design".
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.