New Zealand Business/Accounting Market
To obtain the total number of accountants in New Zealand, as well as the number of companies (specifically, cloud-based technologies like Xero, Receipt Bank, SuiteFiles, Payment Express, etc) that serve the business/accounting industry in the country. This information would be used in understanding the viability of starting a trade event for accountants in Auckland.
- New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA) is the professional body that represents CAs (chartered accountants) in New Zealand.
- Most public accountants and accounting technicians in New Zealand belong to the NZICA.
- As of 2015, the NZICA was representing over 33,000 accountants in New Zealand.
- The Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) is the body that represents members of the accounting profession in New Zealand and Australia.
- All chartered accountants that operate in New Zealand must be registered members of CAANZ. Not all members of the CAANZ, however, are chartered accountants.
- According to its most recent (2018) report, "CAANZ has about 117,000 members, most of whom operate in Australia."
- The 2018 report reveals that there are currently 29,000 members of the accounting profession registered with CAANZ in New Zealand. Of this number, an estimated 24,500 are chartered accountants, "16,000 of whom work for firms that operate outside of the accounting services industry."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.