To understand who plays traditional games versus mobile games, major news in the gaming industry -including recent changes, spend projections in the industry, and other relevant statistics on gamers.
- Precisely 49% of mobile gamers worldwide are women. In the US alone, 62% of mobile gamers are women. Over 60% of women between ages 10 to 65 play mobile games.
- The average age of a mobile gamer is 33. By age, 23% of mobile gamers in the US are 55 and older, while 21% are between 25 to 34 years old. Up to 19% of US mobile gamers are 34 to 44 years old, with 15% being within the 45 to 54 age range, and 14% being between 18 to 24 years old. Only 8% of mobile gamers are aged 13 to 17.
- Almost 60% of American mobile gamers play games on "their device several times per day."
- In the US, most people play mobile games between 8pm to 12am.
- Among Americans who play mobile games, 88% would rather watch video ads for extra lives.
- After China, the US is the second "largest gaming market with $25.426 billion in revenue."
- Mobile games account for 51% of the global games market.
- In 2019, the most popular mobile games - in no particular order - are Fortnite Mobile, PUBG, Pokemon Go, Clash of Clans, Minecraft, and Clash Royale.
- The mobile games industry was worth $40.6 billion in 2017. Smartphones make up 80% of this market, while 20% being tablets.
RESULTS OF INITIAL RESEARCH
- The inital research focused on mobile gamers in the US. Abundant data is available on these gamers.
- Information available on video gamers is abundant as well. We did not have enough time to go into the data we found on video gamers. This will be covered in the subsequent research.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.