To understand the future of networking, and the key opportunities on up to a ten-year time horizon. An ideal response would include:
- The big themes in the future of networking.
- Trends in the networking space.
- Key challenges and problems in networking and networking as a service today.
- Key challenges and problems in networking and networking as a service over the next 3-5 years.
- Key challenges and problems in networking and networking as a service in ten years.
- The key opportunities over the next 3-5 years.
- The key opportunities over the next 5-10 years.
- The latest innovations in networking and connectivity, including new IP [intellectual property] patents.
Note to the Goals: The definition of "Networking", when doing any kind of search, does not always pull up what this research is about. Clearly we understand what is meant, as the keywords: "Networking as a Service" was used. As there was not a definition provided to us, we will be using the following definition: "Networking technology allows for the exchange of data between large and small information systems used primarily by businesses and educational institutions" as the touchstone for all research paths. If this is not correct, then that would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply within each separate scoping box.