To complete a company analysis on VanEck, with an emphasis on how it is positioning itself in the market and how industry analysts view the company. The analysis should also include the company's core products, areas of focus (sectors, investment strategy, etc.), strengths and weaknesses, to better understand the business context in which the company operates and how people perceive it, what they think of it.
commentary from reputable industry analyst sources on VanEck's strategies, product analysis, firm reputation and from a more 'layperson' source on the same topics -- Reddit, investing blogs, twitter users with decent followings (5-10k plus followers).
- VanEck is identified here.
- Since its inception in 1955, VanEck has strived to identify and lean into asset classes and trends that shape the investment management industry. The firm was one of the first to offer investors access to international markets. It also leaned into the following trends: "gold investing in 1968, emerging markets in 1993, and Exchange Traded Funds in 2006" before many of its competitors did. VanEck's headquarters is located in New York.
- VanEck Vectors ETFs and Gold Mutual Fund have both won numerous awards over the last few years, including the People's Choice Award which was awarded to VanEck Vectors Video Gaming & Esports ETF by ETF, the "world's leading authority on exchange-traded funds," in 2018 and the Joseph Foster - US Metals and Mining TopGuns which was awarded to the VanEck International Investors Gold Fund by the American Society of TopGun Investment Minds US in 2017/2018. Winning the People's Choice Award demonstrates the popularity and positive perception of that ETF while the number of awards one demonstrates the quality, popularity and positive perception of the firm's products overall.
- With approximately $47.8 billion in assets under management as of January 31, 2019, VanEck is one of the largest providers of exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”) both in the U.S. and worldwide.
- In March 2019, the company closed and liquidated three VanEck Vectors ETFs: VanEck Vectors Generic Drugs ETF, VanEck Vectors Poland ETF, and VanEck Vectors Pre-Refunded Municipal Index ETF.
- VanEck's core products are "intelligently designed investment strategies that take advantage of targeted market opportunities." They include Vector Equity ETFs, income ETFs, mutual funds, VIP Insurance funds, and investment funds.
- Detailed information on the four Vector UCITS ETS funds VanEck manages is available on this VanEck Vectors UCITS ETFs — Product List page. Those four UCITS ETS are VanEck Vectors Gold Miners UCITS ETF (GDX), VanEck Vectors Junior Gold Miners UCITS ETF (GDXJ), VanEck Vectors Morningstar US Wide Moat UCITS ETF (MOAT), and VanEck Vectors J.P. Morgan EM Local Currency Bond UCITS ETF (EMLC).
- VanEck manages numerous equity ETFs including 11 regional ETFs (regions include Africa, Indonesia, and Russia), seven industry-specific ETFs (including biotech, pharmaceutical, and video gaming & esports), three guided allocation ETFs (including Municipal Allocation), 13 hard assets ETFs (including agriculture, coal, steel, and uranium), and three strategic equity (including the Morningstar US Wide Moat).
- VanEck manages numerous income ETFs in the following categories: municipal income, equity income, international bond, and corporate bond. The firm manages seven municipal income ETFs (including High-Yield Municipal Index ETF), five equity income ETFs (including Mortgage REIT Income ETF), six international bond ETFs (including Green Bond ETF), and two corporate bonds (including Fallen Angel High Yield Bond ETF).
- Finally, VanEck manages one Commodity ETF, the VanEck Merk Gold Trust ETF.
- The prices, month-end returns, quarter-end returns, and annual returns for all VanEck ETFs are available here.
- VanEck manages seven mutual funds, including the Emerging Markets Fund.
Summary of the Findings Relevant to the Research
- During our initial hour of research, we were able to provide background information about VanEck and detailed information about the company's core products. Although we did not have time to provide the remaining required information, we were able to determine that is can be provided.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.