Global Confectionery Market: Chocolate Brands
To have an industry analysis of the global confectionery market, focused to chocolate brands. Specifically, to have an understanding of the influence of wellness and eco-consciousness, any important acquisitions, product development, consumer habits, and the economic outlook/sales.
- Studies published in 2017 found chocolate consumers to be at reduced risk of heart flutters, and that women who eat chocolate are less likely to suffer from strokes.
- In 2016, eating chocolate was linked to reduced risks of cognitive decline among those aged 65 and over,
- The European Food Safety Authority has approved a chocolate related health claim: that some specially processed dark chocolate, cocoa extracts and drinks containing 200mg of flavanols “contribute to normal blood circulation” by helping to maintain blood vessel elasticity.
- Producing chocolate does affect the environment. There are some chocolate brands that are joining together. Their plan is to make chocolate more environmentally friendly. The production of cocoa does cause deforestation. Because of this, the CEOs of major chocolate companies are working together.
- Luxury entrepreneur of the year 2018, Amelia Rope sold her chocolates in biodegradable plastic bags. Family-run chocolate maker Seed and Bean, a brand with impressive ethical credentials was the first in the UK to move to fully recyclable paper wrapping and compostable foil.
- "Chocolate consumption rates among U.S. adults are up 7 percent from a decade ago but have slipped in recent years, according to data in a new report by market research firm Packaged Facts."
- Namaste Technologies Inc. ("Namaste" or the "Company") (TSXV: N) (FRANKFURT: M5BQ) (OTCMKTS: NXTTF) announced on March 6th, 2019 that it entered into a share purchase agreement (the "Agreement") to acquire 49% of the issued and outstanding shares of Calgary, AB based Choklat Inc. for $1.5 million in cash consideration. As part of the acquisition, Namaste will be appointing a member to the Board of Choklat. Choklat is a premium chocolate manufacturer with existing sales through its online eCommerce site and through a network of distributors across Canada.
- On February 1st, 2019, The Barry Callebaut Group, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, announced that it has successfully closed the acquisition of Inforum, a leading Russian B2B producer of chocolate, compound coatings and fillings.
- A small entrepreneurial team at The Hershey Co. called The Garage is developing and incubating new brands. One is Cocotopia, a line of chocolate truffles with fewer calories, less fat and less sugar than the leading product.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research was spent not only looking to ensure that the information requested was publicly available, but also provided several insights into the influence of wellness and eco-consciousness in the chocolate market. We were also able to provide two acquisitions, and one innovative chocolate product that has been developed.
- We did not have time to fully flesh out all the different subjects provided to us in the initial hour of research. Specifically, we did not have time to provide any information on consumer habits and any economic outlook/sales information.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.