- To learn about the haircare company OUAI, its founder Jen Atkins, and its competitors to help form recommendations on redesigning and rebuilding their ecommerce website.
- OUAI Haircare is identified here.
- OUAI Haircare is a privately-owned, private-equity backed personal care company focusing on haircare products.
- OUAI was founded by Jen Atkins in Los Angeles, California.
- In September 2018, Colin Walsh was named CEO. He had previously been CEO of DevaCurl.
- In 2018, OUAI also gained Alliance Consumer Growth as a minority investor.
- Sephora, which started selling OUAI products in March 2016, was the first store to carry them. The company sells it products in other retailers including Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters and Space NK stores. In January 2020, ULTA began selling OUAI products in its 1,200 locations.
- OUAI Haircare products are also available direct-to-consumer through the company website and through its Amazon storefront.
- OUAI sells a range of haircare and personal care products.
- Haircare products include shampoo, conditioner, and styling products including dry shampoo, leave-in conditioner, hairspray, wave enhancers, volume spray, hydrating oil, air dry foam, heat protectant, pomade, finishing creme, and anti-frizz hair sheets.
- Personal care products include body cleansers, body oil, body creme, scalp & body scrub, treatment masks, scented bath bombs, after sun body smoother, and perfume.
- Supplements sold by OUAI are designed to treat thinning, dry, or oily hair.
- Other merchandise sold by OUAI includes clothing, hair ties, and an envelope clutch.
- The price of OUAI haircare products ranges from $12 — $38.
- The price of OUAI personal care products ranges from $16 — $32. Perfumes cost $56.
- Supplements cost $28.
- The price of merchandise varies widely from $6 for hair ties to $69 for a hoodie.
- In 2018, OUAI was projected to reach $23 million in sales.
Summary of the Finding Relevant to the Research
- During our initial hour of research we were able to find and provide background information on OUAI including when it was founded and the first retailers that sold its products. We were also able to provide the name of the current CEO and an estimated sales amount from 2018. As a privately-owned company, OUAI does not make its sales and revenue information widely available.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.