Autonomous Guided Vehicle Software Landscape
To determine the size of the industrial autonomous guided vehicle software market, which helps autonomous guided vehicles (AGVs) (and other industrial robots) drive around, identify their position, perform given tasks, enable teleoperation and remote monitoring, control, or troubleshooting, as well as identify key players in the space.
- The global autonomous guided vehicle software market is was valued at $540.2 million in 2018, and it is expected to grow at a rate of %14.4 per annum between 2018 and 2023.
- The North American region currently accounts for 27% of the overall autonomous guided vehicle software market totaling $145.8 million in 2018.
- The adoption of AVGs is currently driven by the recent wave of digital transformation happening across industries such as healthcare, transportation and logistics, retail, hospitality, and manufacturing.
- Well established players in this space with significant market share almost always offer both AVG software and vehicles. The top companies in this space such as KION Group, Scott, Kollmorgen, JBT, Oceaneering, Kuka, and Brain Corp offer AVG software to existing robots or vehicles and also sell pre-configured autonomous guided vehicles.
- Ruvu, a new AVG software startup founded in 2017, is currently offering software-only service to existing robots or vehicles. Its solution is designed to work with several sensors including GPS RTK, ultra-wideband (UWB), laser scanners (LiDaR), depth cameras, among others.
- Accerion is another AVG software startup founded in 2015 that offers software-only service to existing robots or vehicles. It is software is designed to work with Jupiter and Triton sensor systems.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.