Japanese men: Media Consumption
To obtain information on the media/channel/platform consumption and behavior of Japanese males aged 25-45.
- According to an article from Humble Bunny, a Japanese consultation company, the top social media platforms among Japanese users as an overall percentage of the population are Twitter (36%), Instagram (23%), and Facebook (22%). The percentage of Japanese males aged 20-49 that use the above social networks is as follows.
- The article further states the demographics of Facebook are mostly older males, and that there has been a noticeable drop in female users in their teens and twenties. 56.3% of Facebook users are male and 74.2% are over 30.
- While not specifically related to males, Statista shows that Japanese adults aged 18-34 spend 6 hours daily consuming media content. For the 35-49 age group, it was 4.9 hours.
- According to Santander Trade, half of the Japanese population use social media regularly. They mainly watch videos and follow influencers for opinions on products. In addition, nearly 75% of Japanese consumers check social media before buying certain products.
- Line is the most popular messaging app in Japan with over 60% of the entire population actively using the app. Line is targeted at both males and females aged 10-50.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.