Making Room for Meaningful Work
To help prepare for an ideation workshop by identifying ideas (different ways, best practices, obstacles) on how to "make room/time" for a meaningful work.
- Though people always strive to do their best in a workplace, the "work hard" mentality is no longer effective.
- The "5 Gears Model" is an applicable "making time" approach leading to a meaningful and more productive work. The 1st gear (reacharge mode) and the 2nd gear (connect mode) are important steps in order to be able to truly give meaningful outcome at work.
- It is always encouraged to make time for regular breaks. A survey indicates that 90% of the respondents claim that regular breaks keep them refreshed before getting back to work, which increases productivity.
- Breaks can also be used as a "quiet time", to meditate, recharge, and clear the mind.
- Find time to interact with others. It is important te be aware of the co-workers' personalities and motivations. Having a good relationship at work brings out better work performance.
- One possible obstacle that would affect making time to connect and interact with co-workers is the personal and professional differences. People have different actions and reactions, thus approach must be adaptable.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.