Large City Population Growth
The goal is to determine the population growth of the requested cities, especially any data pertaining to how many people move to these cities for work.
- Toronto currently has a population of 6,139,404. In 2016, it had a population of 2.81 million.
- Toronto's growth rate from 2018 to 2019 has been 1.14%.
- While we did not find any data regarding how many people move to Toronto for work, we did find that more people are moving to Toronto because it has a booming economy.
- Chicago currently has a population of 2,695,598. Their population went down 7,073 people from 2017 to 2018.
- A study on African American neighborhoods in Chicago showed that one of the main reasons they are leaving the city is the lack of employment opportunities.
- Nashville, TN had a population of 669,053 in 2018, 665,396 in 2017, and 663,339 in 2016.
- Nashville's population growth has slowed, going from 1.66% in 2015 to only 0.55% in 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.