Teledentistry in North America
To bolster a client proposal about teledentistry in North America by reviewing major players and market size opportunities in the industry over the next 3-5 years (2023-2025).
- The teledentistry landscape in the United States makes up 9.2% of the telehealth services industry ($2.6 billion), 0.6% of the orthodontist landscape, 2.3% of the medical device manufacturing industry, and 1.5% of dentists.
- By these figures, a rough triangulation of the teledentistry market size in the United States is $239.2 million (9.2% of $2.6 billion).
- Prior to the coronavirus outbreak, much of the talk regarding teledentistry related to people in rural or otherwise compromised communities. However, the teledentistry industry is actively expanding due to COVID-19.
- One of the industry players in teledentistry is SmileDirectClub, which is a company that provides services through a teledentistry at-home starter kit. The company also has an integrated supply chain.
- The TeleDentists is another player in the teledentistry market.
- DentaQuest is actively advertising its white paper on teledentistry and also advertises its use of the service during the COVID-19 response.
- While a small player, Carolina Dentistry received approval to offer teledentistry services in North Carolina during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- In 2018, 39% of the US population did not see a dentist. "For most people, it takes an average of 3 years for them to go into a dental appointment. That’s about 125 million people today who need dental help."
- 320.8 million work and school hours were lost due to a need for dental care in the US.
- Currently, US teledentistry billing codes are listed within this resource.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.