The goal is to find out statistics regarding Pinterest including innovation, user demographics, purchasing, messaging, and Country music stations.
- Pinterest teamed up with Stanford Lab for Mental Health Innovation to design a series of scientifically backed mental health exercises that pop up when a pinterest user searches for certain trigger words such as stress or anxiety.
- Pinterest is expanding its "Shop the Look" feature to work with other brands besides partners. Their upgraded image recognition software will work more often without human intervention from business owners.
- There are 300 million Pinterest users worldwide. 85 million of those are from the United States.
- 70% of Pinterest users are female.
- Only 7% of pins created on Pinterest come from men.
- 80% of mothers in the US who use the internet also have Pinterest accounts.
- The median age of users with a Pinterest account is 40.
- 50% of Pinterest users make over $50,000 per year and 10% make over $125,000 per year.
- Only 24% of Pinterest users use the messaging feature to send messages and photos.
- 61% of users have purchased something after seeing a pin about it.
- 48% of US Pinterest users specifically use the site to shop.
- Brands that market on Pinterest can expect to make $2.00 for every $1.00 they spend on marketing.
- 31.9% of US marketers use Pinterest to market products.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We can continue this research by providing the following:
1) 3-4 additional innovations from Pinterest in the last 2 years. For each, we will provide what it is, how it works, and what Pinterest has achieved with it, or hopes to achieve.
2) A more in-depth look at how products are actually purchased via Pinterest (as in directly from the site). We will look for things like how many people purchase right from Pinterest, how many brands offer direct purchases on Pinterest, and any success statistics on how Pinterest purchases affect companies.
3) A look at Country music content on Pinterest. We will include any statistics surrounding how many pins are on Pinterest regarding country music, what Country music stations market on Pinterest, and if any Country music events have been marketed on Pinterest in the past 2 years.
Alternatively, we can take a look at the evolution of Pinterest over the past ten years. We will compare number of users between 10 years ago and now, number of pins, and list 3-4 features that Pinterest has added in the past 10 years, as well as any negative press on the company over the past ten years.