Cleveland County, North Carolina
To build demographic and psychographic profiles of in-state and out-state visitors of Cleveland County, North Carolina.
- Cleveland County is increasing its focus on travel and tourism to bring more visitors in order to increase tourism revenue for businesses throughout the County.
- The County's tourism industry has experienced strong growth due to its location, seasonal climate, variety of activities to experience and its encompassing marketing strategy.
- Cleveland County is home to the Earl Scruggs Center, Don Gibson Theatre, Joy Performance Center, the American Legion World Series, numerous festivals and walking trails and many other attractions and cultural experiences.
- Cleveland' visitor spending has increased 6.2% between 2017 and 2018.
- Promoting travel and tourism has been a partnership between Cleveland County and the Chamber of Commerce.
- For more than a decade, the county provided funding to the Cleveland County Chamber for the promotion of travel and tourism.
- Before the switch, the county designated $137,500 per year to the Chamber for travel and tourism.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.