Wellness, Beauty, and Health market: US and Canada
To identify the leading retailers in the wellness, beauty & health market in Canada and the US for a new business pitch. The retailers to focus on are Goop, Anthropologie, Equinox, Wholefoods. The information required include: market share, products/experiences.
- According to its 2017 form 10-K, Wholefoods operates under a single segment; natural and organic foods supermarkets (there is limited information available in the company's 2018 annual report). The company is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.
- 97% of its sales in 2017 originated from the US while the remaining 3% was from Canada and the UK.
- According to Amazon's SEC filings, Wholefoods was acquired in August 2017, and its operating results have been included in the consolidated statements of Amazon (revenue of the acquired subsidiary has not been published).
- Quartzy has reported that Amazon is planning to turn wholefoods (grocery chain) into a clean/organic beauty destination.
- According to Digitalcommerce360, based on overall revenue Wholefoods has a market share of around 2% in the US grocery market.
- According to Crunchbase, wellness company Goop has an annual revenue of $20 million. Forbes has reported that according to market estimates, the company's revenue in 2016 was at $15-$20 million.
- Racked has reported that while Goop did not disclose its revenue figures, the company's year-over-year revenue has tripled in 2017.
- According to Statista, the US wellness market was valued at $168 billion in 2016. If we consider the revenue of Goop during the same year, the company's market share can be estimated to be around 11.9%.
- According to Euromonitor International, the health and wellness market in the US is highly fragmented and is mostly led by multinational players.
- The report notes that modern grocery retail is the most significant channel for health and wellness.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Based on our initial research, it was clear that the market size of the leading players in the health and wellness space is not publicly available and is also difficult to estimate due to the fact that private companies do not publish individual segment revenue figures. It is recommended to continue the research on Goop, Anthropologie, Equinox, and Wholefoods to identify their market presence in the US and Canada, and information on each company's leading products/experiences in health, wellness, and beauty.
We can also provide more in-depth information and insights into the health, wellness, and beauty industry in the US with general information on key players, nature of competition, leading product categories, and any other industry-specific insights.