Hispanic Health, Wellness, and Insurance Market in Florida
To provide an overview of the demographics and consumer trends of Hispanic health, wellness, and insurance market in Florida, with a specific focus on the South Florida market, if available. This will be used to inform a marketing strategy aimed at this segment of the population.
The Hispanic Population
- Hispanics currently make up 17% of the total US population. They have the longest life expectancy of any population group in the US.
- Hispanics are typically younger and have larger families compared to other demographic groups. Often they are in the lower-income brackets. Mexicans make up 65% of the Hispanic community.
- There are currently 4.8 million Hispanics in Florida. They account for 24% of the population in Florida. 52% of the Hispanic community in Florida were born in the US. 86% of this group have an origin other than Mexico.
- The average age of Florida Hispanic is 34. 46% of Hispanics in Florida are married.
- Hispanic births make up 32% of the births in Florida. This is approximately 69,000 births.
- The average annual income of Hispanics in Florida is $22,000.
- The homeownership rate is 50%.
- 26% of Florida's Hispanic community does not have health insurance.
- 83% of the Hispanic population speak a language other than English at home.
- Estimates suggest that up to one-third of the Hispanic population in the US do not have access to healthcare services.
- Our first hour of research has located some of the required information regarding Hispanics in the State of Florida. There was some limited information regarding the cultural differences of those in South Florida. We suggest continuing this research as set out below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.