In order to inform the design of a new desk/storage product, identify the key product types in West Elm's desk collections/series in the US market for both retail customers and contract customers.
- West Elm offers 58 desks on their USA retail website, which they categorize as Fixed Table (1), Ladder (6), Leaning (7), Mini (16), Set (14) and Standard (34). Some desks are counted multiple times under West Elm's own categorization.
- The most common type was the ladder and bookshelf desks, with 16 product examples. Examples can be found here, here and here.
- The second most common product type is desks with a simple top and a drawer or set of pullout drawers under the table-top. There are 15 desks of this type. Some examples can be found here, here and here.
- The third most common type, with nine products, includes desks with no drawers. Examples of this type can be found here, here and here.
- Coming in at fourth most common are desks with drawers or shelves on one side, either with or without a middle drawer, examples of which can be found here, here and here.
- Next are desks with drawers or shelves on two sides, with no middle drawer. There are four products of this type. Examples can be found here, here and here.
- Second to last is secretary or hutch type desks, with three products, which can be found here, here and here.
- Lastly, there two L-Shaped desks, which can be found here and here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.