Innovation and Creativity Mindset
To obtain a global perspective of how innovation is being approached in different countries. By understanding the mindset of countries towards innovation, this research would be used in preparation for a workshop.
- According to an Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF) report, many countries have developed and introduced strategies aimed at driving "leadership in emerging information technology application areas".
- Besides investing, Canada has established agencies, and introduced strategies to encourage growth in quantum computing and artificial intelligence (AI).
- The European Union has also developed an AI strategy and asked each of its individual member states to follow suit.
- Numerous countries have defined strategies aimed at ensuring "leadership in manufacturing digitalization, or “Industry 4.0,” including Bangladesh, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Sweden, and the Philippines".
- In terms of mindset, China and India have a strong work ethic and technology skillsets that promote agile development.
- According to research conducted by Guanhui Xie & Yonjeong Paik, power distance, collectivism, and uncertainty avoidance influence creativity and innovation in Asia. However, these factors have had mixed results.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.