To understand the success and failure of robotics companies.
- One reason why robotics companies fail is consumer expectations are too high. Also, sometimes people are afraid of them or don't find the need for them.
- One expert speculates there is a disconnect between research into robotics and product-market fit.
- There is a common mantra that "robotics is hard". It's hard to make something manmade work as elegantly as a human.
- Robotics has seen slower growth than anticipated or promised, which has led to a disconnect between funding and spending.
- Demand for robotics is actually lower than expected.
- The top 5 industries expected to changed by automation are retail, transportation, agriculture, manufacturing and accomodation/food services.
- Another article adds packaging/shipping, customer service, finance and healthcare to this list.
- Robots/automation is credited with essentially saving the US automobile industry.
- There is an issue that manufacturing is still lagging behind fully embracing automation.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.