Vaginal Fluids and STDs
To find out whether it is possible to contract sexually transmitted diseases through contact with vaginal fluid or menstrual discharges, and under what conditions.
- Some diseases can be spread through contact of the mouth, nose, throat or sexual organs with bodily fluids such as vaginal fluids.
- These include hepatitis B, HIV, and CMV.
- Hepatitis B or HBV can be contracted by a person exposed to body fluids such as vaginal secretions.
- It is a highly contagious disease that can spread through contact with the nose, mouth or even eye membranes.
- The HBV virus can stay on dried body fluids for 7 days, but can be destroyed by using chlorine bleach, rubbing alcohol, or heat.
- CMV can be transmitted through body fluids without sexual contact, and stay in the body for life as there is no cure for the virus.
- Sexual contact with vaginal fluids is not required for the person to be infected.
- CMV infection affects the majority of adults, as the virus can remain dormant.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.