Primary IT Purchasers, Influencers & Needs
To obtain a summary of the commonalities and differences between buyer personas and industry specific IT roles in the healthcare systems, Higher Education, Finance, and Media industries for the purpose of creating a marketing plan for 2020.
Based on the research done in one an hour, information exist on the roles of IT professionals in different industries. We did not get to go deep into each role to determine which ones are the influencers and other areas.
IT Roles in Healthcare
- Manage patient health information
- Build, implement and support EHRs
- Data analytics
- Collaborate with healthcare teams to improve the outcomes of the organization
- Job titles include: EHR Implementation specialist, System analyst, data architect, software engineer, programmer analyst, consultant, software engineer, chief information officer, chief technical officer, data quality officer, chief information security officer, clinical applications analyst, and Clinical Informatics
IT Roles in Higher Education
- Management of units of the Information Services division
- System-wide management, security, and coordination of the technology resources.
- Responsible for the management of the ERP system, file server and networking infrastructure, learning management system, application software development, information security, BearPass Card Office operations, instructional technologies, open-access computer labs, technical training, micro-computer installation and maintenance, user support services, and policy development regarding information services for staff, faculty and students.
- Jobs in IT for this industry include classroom support specialist, network administrator systems analyst, computer technology faculty, developer, data/research analyst, PC systems technician, Edtech specialist, database administrator and project management IS specialist.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We, therefore, propose to provide 10-14 insights on the roles that serve as the primary IT purchasers within each of these industries and the internal roles that are influencers on the purchasing teams.
We also propose to provide a list of the primary Network/IT needs for each of these industries. Needs will be ranked and will include security, speed, reliability, scalability, and so on.
We also propose to compare and contrast the roles on each industry Healthcare systems, Higher Education, Finance, and Media