Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging Companies (USA and Global)
To identify wireless electric vehicle charging companies in the US and around the world.
- The wireless electric vehicle charging market is currently valued at $16 million and is projected to reach $234 million by 2027.
- WiTricity is regarded as the pioneer of the wireless electric vehicle charging industry. Its product was first integrated into the BMW 530e, which was launched in late 2018.
- According to Fast Company, WiTricity has been working on its wireless technology for over 10 years. The firm is headquartered in Massachusetts, US. This means that WiTricity is both a local and a global leader in EV wireless charging.
- WiTricity's solution is meant for use both in the garage and on the street. The product is also capable of charging through asphalt, cement, snow, and ice.
- A startup that has made significant headway within the emerging industry is Connected Kerb. The startup recently announced that it would begin piloting projects across residential streets, car parks, and taxi ranks in the UK during the first half of 2020.
- Connected Kerb is headquartered in London, and its first public wireless EV charging outlet was installed in June 2019. As a startup, the firm is relatively new to development and only began working on its prototype in 2017.
- Other notable wireless electric vehicle charging companies on the market include Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Continental AG (Germany), ZTE Corporation (China), Hyundai, Elix, and HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.