Workflowy Company Analysis
Determine the reason why the Workflowy platform remains stagnant for several years now. This information will be used to understand the current state of the company behind the app.
- From 2014 to 2016, the company suffered due to the loss of key developers.
- Jesse Patel, the company's founder also became a father of twins and turned his priority to his growing family.
- The company's co-founder, Mike Turitzin also moved away from handling the company's day-to-day operations to take on an advisory-only position.
- These key personnel changes made the Workflowy stagnant for some time.
- In 2015, Mr. Patel also admitted that they are off-track to meet the company's target potential.
- He admitted that their development pace is sluggish and they are overwhelmed with all the action steps that they need to do.
- During those times, Mr. Patel mentioned that they are heavily figuring out the way forward. They are engaged in conversation with key resources and crunching out the numbers that will make them reach their goals.
- Overall, conflicts between the co-founders, increasing competition, imitators, money issues, and personal life responsibilities kept the company from moving forward towards their goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research suggests that there are many available resources that can be used to gain more insights on Workflowy's growth trajectory. We then recommend continuing the research to look for 6-8 additional insights on why the company seem stagnant. We will further look at relevant business plans, company announcements, funding data, and other reports that show the priorities and activities of the company and its key leaders.
We also recommend undertaking another research block to look for 2-3 competitors of Workflowy to assess the competitive landscape of this space. This will be helpful to identify where Workflow needs to focus based on its competitors' competitive edge. We will provide their product offerings, competitive advantage, and target customers in a spreadsheet.
We also recommend undertaking additional research to perform a SWOT analysis on Workflowy to fully analyze the company.