Workflowy Company Analysis
Determine the reason why the Workflowy platform remains stagnant for several years now. This information will be used to understand the current state of the company behind the app.
- From 2014 to 2016, the company suffered due to the loss of key developers.
- Jesse Patel, the company's founder also became a father of twins and turned his priority to his growing family.
- The company's co-founder, Mike Turitzin also moved away from handling the company's day-to-day operations to take on an advisory-only position.
- These key personnel changes made the Workflowy stagnant for some time.
- In 2015, Mr. Patel also admitted that they are off-track to meet the company's target potential.
- He admitted that their development pace is sluggish and they are overwhelmed with all the action steps that they need to do.
- During those times, Mr. Patel mentioned that they are heavily figuring out the way forward. They are engaged in conversation with key resources and crunching out the numbers that will make them reach their goals.
- Overall, conflicts between the co-founders, increasing competition, imitators, money issues, and personal life responsibilities kept the company from moving forward towards their goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.