Visitor Information for McAllen, Texas and Corpus Christi, Texas
To provide an understanding of visitor information in McAllen, Texas and Corpus Christi, Texas to inform a competitive analysis for Laredo, Texas. The required details for the two cities include: overall visitor perception, target visitor, special attractions at these locations, and online/digital marketing tactics employed by each city to attract visitors.
Corpus Christi, Texas
- In 2016, 9.6 million people visited Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend, a rise from 8.1 million people reported to visit the Corpus Christi Metropolitan Statistical Area in 2014.
- "About 74% of area visitors are from Texas."
- "Tourism generates an annual economic impact of $1 billion for the Corpus Christi region."
- More visitors to Corpus Christi visit the city for nature activities with the share of visitor-trips related to nature increasing from 20% in 2008 to 47% in 2014.
- McAllen receives an average of 1.8 million visitors per month, amounting to more than 18 million visitors annually.
- The high number of visitors to McAllen is attributed to its location on Texas side of the southern U.S. border with Mexico resulting in an influx of visitors from both sides of the border. In addition, the city "owns and operates two international bridges with over 4 million northbound travelers a year, and roughly 700,000 travelers utilize the McAllen-Miller International Airport annually."
- Visitors, especially retirees like to visit the city because of the mild winter climate between October and February.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary of Findings
In our first hour of research, we were able to determine that information on the visitor information in the cities of McAllen and Corpus Christi in Texas is available. We provided general insights on visitors in these cities and propose continued research to further provide the requested information as below:
You need to be the project owner to select a next research path.