Popular Dog Breeds & Packaging
To discover the most popular dog breeds in North America, characteristics and demographics of popular breed owners, what dogs the competition uses on their packaging, and up and coming breeds to decide the best dog to use in packaging/marketing.
Most Popular Dog Breeds
- According to the AKC, in 2017 the most popular dog breeds in order from the top are Labrador Retreivers, German Shepards, Golden Retrivers, French Bulldogs, Beagles, Poodles, Rottweilers, Yorkshire Terriers, Pointers, Boxers, Siberian Huskies, Dachshunds, and Great Danes.
- In 2018 the most popular breeds were
- Retrievers (Labrador)
- German Shepherd Dogs
- Retrievers (Golden)
- French Bulldogs
- Pointers (German Shorthaired)
- Yorkshire Terriers
- Pembroke Welsh Corgis
- Siberian Huskies
- Australian Shepherds
- Great Danes
- Doberman Pinschers
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
- Miniature Schnauzers
- Shih Tzu
- Accortding to Dog Time, the five most popular breeds in the world are Labrador Retriever, Bulldog, German Shepard, Poodle, and Beagles.
- According to iHeartDogs, the most popular mixed breeds are the Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, Cockapoo, Maltipoo, and Puggle.
- According to the ASPCA, the adoption of shelter pets rose 18.5% from 2011-2017, indicating this is becoming a popular option. One reason is that adoption is becoming simpler with less restictions.
- Millennials are the primary pet owning demographic.
- 38.4% of American households own a dog.
- The average number owned is 1.6.
- All Points Marketing shared an interesting article on how to market to pet owners.
- According to Spruce, the most popular premium pet food brands are Nutro, Eukanuba, Iams, Hills Science Diet, and Royal Canin
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.