The initial round of research indicates that data availability is adequate on this topic.
Xiaomi Marketing Strategy
- Xiaomi, as a company, uses a marketing mix model which focuses on having quality product offerings, affordable pricing, expanding global reach online and offline, and regional promotions. In addition, the company uses an extensive target market and segmentation strategy that has allowed them to customize their marketing efforts for each segment.
- Price: the company has focused on providing affordable products ranging from ₹5,000 to ₹200,000 in India.
- Products: The company provides high functioning smartphones with a variety of features and has begun expanding into "smart home products, fitness products, TVs, laptops, drones, Wi-Fi routers, cloud services and instant messenger services."
- Global Reach: The company began expanding marketing in 2016 to over 100 countries with a focus on the United States, Europe, India, and China and providing products on more global online sales channels. In recent years, they have begun expanding into the brick and mortar space as well.
- Regional Promotion: The company uses a mix of CEO promotion, brand ambassadors, and social media campaigns.
United Kingdom Redmi Note Series Marketing Strategy
- The Redmi Note Series has used a mix of social media contests, influencer campaigns, and traditional advertising to promote the products.
- Most new products are first introduced to the United Kingdom market through online product launch events before hitting the social media channels.
- Example Social Media Campaigns:
- Example TV Campaigns:
In our initial search, we were able to analyze Xiaomi's marketing strategy in order to provide a basis for further research on the topic. Our analysis includes both the segmented marketing strategy for the company as a whole as well as the marketing strategy the company used specifically for the Redmi Note Series.