UK TV and Film Post-Production Industry
To gain a greater understanding of the market dynamics, challenges and opportunities for growth in the TV and Film Post-production industry in the United Kingdom by providing a break down of the top 4 companies in the industry that offer the following services: Grading, CGI, Flame, Motion graphic, editing and audio editing.
- The four medium-sized companies in the United Kingdom's TV and Film Post-production Industry are BlueBolt Limited, Framestore, Double Negative and Cinesite.
- BlueBolt, located in London, provides CGI to the global film and television industry.
- BlueBolt specializes in producing photo-real work using digital matte painting, compositing, 3D and FX.
- BlueBolt currently employees 2 people with revenue reaching $1.89 million end of year 2018.
- Framestore, located in London, works with brands, studios, artists and organizations to bring immersive experiences to both new and existing audiences.
- Framestore Labs builds high performance systems that bring to life beautiful, cinematic data visualization, turning complex brand and marketing data into visually compelling and valuable content
- Framestore's estimated revenue 2019 was at $90.9 million with 2347 employees.
- Double Negative Limited, located in London, is a much larger competitor with revenue reaching $156.7 million and 1300 employees.
- Double Negative is one of the world's leading visual effects and animation studios for feature film and television.
- Double Negative's stereo team (previously Prime Focus World) was the first in the world to convert a full Hollywood film from 2D to 3D.
- Cinesite, located in London, has 712 employees with revenue reaching $73 million end of year 2019.
- Cinesite services include visual effects and animation in both TV and Film productions.
- Cinesite's team includes VFX masters at Image Engine (Vancouver) and Trixter (Munich and Berlin).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We begin our research with a deep-dive p of the four competitors (BlueBolt Limited, Framestore, Double Negative and Cinesite) in the UK operating in the TV/Film post-production (VFX) industry. This will include an analysis of each companies growth over the past 3 years, services, types of clients, awards, and significant developments (launching a new service, recruiting key people).
Our research continues with an analysis of the key drivers and trends in the visual effects market, and
overall outlook for the VFX industry in the UK, US and Europe to include growth areas and challenges. Additionally, we will need to briefly focus on the following area: M&A activity globally,
a breakdown of the market by short-form (advertising) and long-form (tv and films), details on the challenges of moving from short- to long-form, how companies are changing the landscape of the market, and the range of speciality areas within the VFX industry.