Development Times for Hardware Systems
To develop a work package estimation tool that uses development times for specific hardware systems.
- The Tesla Model 3 costed a total of $28,000 to build ($18,000 for materials and $10,000 for labor and production).
- Tesla’s Model 3 has ~10,000 individual parts.
- The European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP) is the European equivalent to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) test database.
- Euro NCAP rated the Toyota Prius as one of the top 3 safest cars in Europe. It received the highest score for child protection (43 points).
- surfaceink[sic], an engineering company focused on product development, estimates that product design generally takes 6-12 weeks and that building and testing takes approximately 20-26 weeks.
- Time-saving strategies for assembly design include using and reusing components, making component copies, isolating components, and moving parts by building them in components.
- Tips for better engineering drawings to save time and money include consolidating call-outs when multiples of the same feature exist in a view, and providing the supplier and parts number on the drawing when hardware installation is required.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.