Ultra and Super Premium Spirits Market
In order to assist in a business pitch, identify the total global market size (in dollars and volume) for ultra and super premium spirits. Additionally, identify the top distilleries for single malt whiskey that have global exposure.
- The global distilled spirits market was valued at US$ 25.98 Billion in 2017, and is expected to increase to US$ 38.08 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.40% during the forecast period.
- In the US, the super premium spirits market accounted for 23.6% of the total US spirits market, while high end accounted for 33.5%. The total US spirits market was worth US $27.5 billion in 2018.
- The top five global single malt whiskey vendors include Bacardi, Beam Suntory, Brown-Forman, Diageo, and Pernod Ricard.
- The top 15 Scotch Whiskey companies by market share are Diageo, Chivas Brothers, William Grant & Sons, Bacardi, La Martiniquaise, The Edrington Group, Belvédère, Beam Suntory, Whyte & Mackay, Inver House (Thai Beverage), LVMH, Loch Lomond, Distell, Campari, Macleod Distillers, and James Eadie.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
- Spirits Manufacturing (Distilleries) Market covering Whiskey; Vodka; Rum; Gin; Tequila; Others - Spirits (Distilleries); Global Briefing 2019 (The Business Research Company, $1,500)
- Global Distilled Spirit Market (Value, Volume): Analysis By Type (Premium, Non-Premium) By Product (Brandy, Cognac, Liqueurs, Rum, Tequila, Whisky, Gin, Vodka, Others), By Region, By Country (2019 Edition): Opportunities and Forecast (2014-2024) - By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, ROW), By Country (US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, China, Australia, India) (Azoth Analytics, $2,400.00)
If you'd like us to purchase any of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
The initial research was unable to determine a total global market size, either by revenue or by volume, of super and ultra premium spirits. We recommend further research to attempt to triangulate this number, first by attempting to find the percentage of the total global market that accounts for super & ultra premium, and, if that fails, by attempting to find the market size of ultra and premium spirits for the regions that contribute the most to this market (North America, Europe & Central Europe, and Asia Pacific).
Additionally, by market share/revenue we were only able to find the top global single malt whiskey vendors. We recommend further research to identify 3-5 noteworthy craft single malt whiskey distilleries (including non-Sotch whiskey) that distribute globally. Noteworthy would be defined by award winning or mentioned by multiple whiskey experts as high quality/must try. For each key player identified, we will provide their location, products, where they distribute, estimated revenue, and price point.
Finally, we recommend additional research to identify 3-5 key trends in the global spirits market.