Email Marketing for Millennials
The goal is to show that email marketing is still relevant, especially among Millennials.
- 84% of Millennials do not trust paid ads.
- 60% of Millennials say email is their preferred form of communication with retailers.
- The number of email accounts per person is growing and is expected to reach 1.86 by 2022.
- 68% of Millennials say promotional emails have influenced their purchasing decisions.
- 55% of consumers like getting email promotions with personalized related products and offers.
- Millennials tend to read emails on a mobile device, so ensuring that email advertisements perform well on a mobile platform is a must.
- 46% of Millennials have created content for the internet. Using user-created content in email marketing can attract this age group.
- Millennials don't respond as well to aggressive promotional email marketing tactics. Instead, they prefer a personalized, value-driven approach to messaging.
- For example, one study showed that email subject lines that included words like free, percent off, and reminder had a negative impact on open rates.
- One study showed that emails with emojis in the subject line had a 56% increase in open rates compared to those without emojis.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.