18-34 YO Females Word-of-Mouth
To determine whether 18-34 year-old females are a powerful demographic for spreading positive word of mouth and advocacy compared to other demographics, especially for radio brands and others. To provide statistics on how much they share, like, comment, follow and tag on social media.
- 77% of younger consumers (including Millennials and Gen Z) make a product/service recommendation at least once a month, according to the 2018 Chatter Matters Word of Mouth study as reported by PR Daily.
- 23% of surveyed Millennial consumers praise a product or service based on hearsay.
- Only 13% of Baby Boomers make a similar recommendation.
- According to Convince and Convert, 48% of Gen Z has made a second-person or hearsay word-of-mouth recommendation.
- 41% of Millennials has made a similar recommendation, while 48% of Gen Z has made a recommendation based on hearsay.
- Millennials are aged 24 to 39 years old while Gen Z are aged 15 to 24 years old as of 2020.
- SmartCompany reports that women are 49% more likely than men to discuss a novel product.
Trust in Word-of-Mouth
- 21% of Gen Z females go through 9 or more reviews before buying an item for the first time.
- According to a Harris Poll, 84% of millennial women trust word-of-mouth when shopping for a product.
- Girl Power Marketing also reported that 70% of Millennial women seek in-person word-of-mouth recommendations from their family, friends, and social media circles.
- 75% of Millennial women say they also try products based on a word-of-mouth recommendation.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.