Yosemite Gateway Destinations
To compile a competitive landscape of the various gateway cities/destinations for Yosemite National Park, including information on their average annual visitation, visitor demographics, differentiators/special attractions, what people like about each destination, and their digital marketing tactics.
- According to My Yosemite, some gateway destinations to Yosemite National Park, aside from Madera County, include Mariposa County; Groveland, California; Merced, California; Midpines-el Portal, California; Mono County, Tuolumne Country, and Oakdale.
- Yosemite Gateways also names Madera, Mariposa, Mono, and Tuolumne counties as Yosemite gateways.
- Other gateways include Sonoro, California; Lee Vining; and Fresno, California.
- Mariposa attracts 1.5 million visitors each year.
- The demographics of Mariposa County visitors come from all over the world and enjoy outdoor adventures and family activities.
- Some special attractions in Mariposa County include the State Mining and Mineral Museum, historical Old Town mariposa, the Mariposa History Museum, and the Merced River.
- Other special attractions include AutoCamp Yosemite, Skydive Yosemite, Brick Wall Boutique, Charles Street Dinner House, Casto Oaks Fine Wine and Art, CostaLivos Mountain Gold Olive Oil Tasting Room, Epic Alpacas, 1850 Restaurant & Brewing, Airborrn Aviation Services, Tenaya Lode, and Yosemite Ziplines & Adventure Ranch.
- The Mariposa County Visitors Center offers a Gold Mine Escape Room and Christmas Store
- Reviews of the Mariposa Visitors Center are generally good or excellent with visitors citing their friendly and helpful staff.
- The Yosemite Mariposa County Tourism Bureau's 2017/18 marketing plan and annual report offers insights into their digital marketing tactics, which have included both domestic and international campaigns, which have garnered nearly 47,000 digital impressions and nearly 70,000 clicks.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.