Young Talent Campaigns
To find information on the success metrics of young talent campaigns that were carried out in Michigan (Choose Michigan, Let's Detroit), Wisconsin (In Wisconsin), Maine (Visit For a Week, State for a Lifetime), and California (Just Say No to Winter).
- This campaign launched in August 2018 and will run through September 2020.
- Michigan needs to fill more than 811,000 jobs in the field of science, technology, engineering, arts and math by 2024 and is seeking to do so through this campaign and the "Marshall Plan for Talent." Possibly the success of this campaign and other measures could only be gauged in 2024.
- In May 2018, the number of filled architectural and engineering occupations in Michigan was 139,590. The number of Life, Physical and Social Science occupations employees in Michigan were 30,440; the number of computer and mathematical employees in Michigan was 112,890; and the number arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media employees in Michigan was 53,470. This data can serve as a baseline as it is from before the launch of the campaign.
- Census population figures were only available for July 1, 2018. In Michigan, 694,627 persons were between the ages of 20-24 years; 694,454 were between 25 and 29 years old; and 602,197 were between 30-34 years.
- As no more recent data is available, the effect/success of the campaign cannot be determined.
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding success metrics to show the young talent campaign in Michigan called "Choose Michigan" was successful.
- The "Choose Michigan" site was not accessible during research, therefore, information on the campaign was taken from press releases and news articles.
- It was possible to identify the goal of the campaign as well as other measures being taken by the state of Michigan to attract young talent. It was also possible to find baseline data concerning the millennial population and employment figures for the occupations Michigan is seeking to fill. However, no data is available after the campaign launched to determine if the campaign has booked any successes so far.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.