Top YouTube Categories
To determine the top types/categories of videos on YouTube.
- ASMR, short for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, was the top query on YouTube in the US and 5th worldwide. It has been searched 8.2 million times in the US and 25.7 million times globally.
- This data has been compiled by Ahrefs and includes the most common searches in the US and worldwide.
- It appears that "Vine" has also been searched in the US millions of time, 1.4 million times to be exact, thanks to the now-defunct social platform named Vine.
- Weird, silly, amazing, surprising and similar stuff has a lot of appeal for YouTube audience.
- Video gaming is also popular in the US including the video games themselves and people who post gameplay videos.
- Another popular category on YouTube is How-To videos. 67% of millennials agree that they can find a video to anything they want to learn.
- Other popular categories include unboxing videos, educational videos, comedy videos, vlogs, and product review videos.
- Q&A videos, collection videos, and prank videos are also popular on YouTube.
- Fashion- and beauty-related content is also one of the most popular types of content on YouTube.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.